It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BFSL. We are a sim football community with leagues for Madden and other sports titles on PS4

Please use your PS4 ID as your user name on this site.

Once you have joined the league site, fill out application info in PS4 Registration thread for the league you are wanting to join.

We will get back to you ASAP in that application thread once you have posted application.
Please take the time to read our league rules.

We do require tryout games for new members simply to ensure you follow the rules so please read our rules on the main page before you play.

You must be active on the league site and participate in league activities.

Most importantly, play sim football. Contact Sueppel24 or Bababooey76 if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Here are a couple rules amendment ideas I have.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:25 pm 

Accelerate the play clock to 12 seconds:

I think this does a couple things. 1) It Puts a level of pressure and urgency on the offense to make their pre snap adjustments more quickly. To me this would simulate real high stress football situations. 2) I think it limits the amount of time to hot route and otherwise build new plays via hot routes and audibles.
Also worth noting that acc clock only effects plays where the game clock stays running. I believe this would put more of a onus on play selection. 12 is just my suggestion as a maximum

Remove the wired internet requirement:

I think this makes ppl not pursue joining when they may indeed have great wireless connections. Besides that the bottom line is it is impossible to police. If a guy has a consistent bad connection he won't be able to play here. But lets find out as we go not mandate a wired connection and possibly turn some ppl off.

Limit on years we can offer:

I have seen leagues with expansive FA rules, I'm not going so far as to say we need that drastic of measures. I am simply saying maybe we should put a max on how many years we can offer. I know a lot of you guys have a stronger understanding of this part of the game. I just don't think signing good players on long drawn out contracts to keep your cap lower is a good idea considering we play a limited amount of seasons.

[The last of my points is on communication]

I know Brun posted a poll here that appears to have received little feedback. Also I know Hamme has been trying to sort out OS. Thanks to both of you for for the work you are doing. There are a lot of guys that have been here for a long time and I do not want to see that change. That being said I think technology will or at least should help our league adapt.

Move to Discord:

I know it is annoying to jump from this to that to that and we all get comfortable and are stubborn. However that app seems to me like a perfect solution to 99% of our communication issues. It is developed for gamers unlike groupme which is just a masive group text message basically. I say 99% because OS seems to be a necessity. And I think we can find a creative way to use OS that can separate us from other leagues.

Thanks for your time, Fozo

Post subject: Re: Here are a couple rules amendment ideas I have.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 pm 

1.) Where do the quarter lengths move to? In my game, the amount of possessions/length was perfect so if you run down the acc clock the quarter time would need to increase IMO, so that would be 2 changes. Not a bad idea, more just figuring out how to keep the games at the right length.

2.) I know wired has been a requirement here since I joined back in 2011, and it's kept most applicants that join with good connection. I don't think the wired connection turns off that many people. With that said, it is impossible to enforce. It's more about consistency than just speed I think. Especially with the requirement for home teams to stream games.

3.) Indifferent here. I don't think it's necessary but I also don't think it would do any harm.

4.) What's the advantage of Discord over GroupMe? I've used GroupMe for leagues very successfully and seems to have no issues communication-wise. I would vote to just stick with GroupMe unless there's a significant advantage to switch.

Post subject: Re: Here are a couple rules amendment ideas I have.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:25 pm 

Thanks for your input norticans.

I messed around with some games playing them with the accelerated clock ran down farther and I didn't notice much of a change to game length. It seemed to me as if I spent more time actually selecting a play because I knew I had less time to adjust at the LOS. I don't foresee much of a difference in stat and/or possessions.

Wired connection was just me throwing out ideas. Good to see another opinion.

As for Discord. I do see there being a big advantage over groupme. Really the only way to see it is to try it. When I first used it I was blown away and now a week later am strongly recommending moving to the discord app as our one stop shopfor everything bfsl

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]