It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BFSL. We are a sim football community with leagues for Madden and other sports titles on PS4

Please use your PS4 ID as your user name on this site.

Once you have joined the league site, fill out application info in PS4 Registration thread for the league you are wanting to join.

We will get back to you ASAP in that application thread once you have posted application.
Please take the time to read our league rules.

We do require tryout games for new members simply to ensure you follow the rules so please read our rules on the main page before you play.

You must be active on the league site and participate in league activities.

Most importantly, play sim football. Contact Sueppel24 or Bababooey76 if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Do you prefer using OS site or this one?
1) OS  43%  43%  [ 3 ]
2) This site  29%  29%  [ 2 ]
3) Don't care just pick one  14%  14%  [ 1 ]
4) Like using both  14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Post subject: Site we use
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 pm 

I've seen many a discussion over the last 60 days on our league sites. Personally I always liked using this site for everything except scheduling threads. And I'd prefer those here so we can delete after each season but I know we need to stay active on OS or they'll boot us. Problem with OS is stuff gets unorganized quickly. With that said I'm cool with whatever people want. I know Hamme has spent time trying to clean up OS the best he can. I just think it is an easier task here. Please vote and provide feedback if you want. Just keep it civil.

Post subject: Re: Site we use
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:30 pm 

I know I am very out spoken and sometimes to a fault. I do however just want what is the best for the league. I can understand why this site may be appealing especially to long standing users. The freedom and familiarity. That being said I think that it is a turn off to potential new members, as they may see it as an additional responsibility they don't want. OS seems like a must have due to recruiting but I do agree that it gets messy and disjointed easily. Honestly this is a tough one for me. Are there different avenues/ combinations we can try? We are using groupme but I've heard people mention discord also but I've never used that. Ideally if we did go with OS I would advocate for trying to minimize its thread to reduce clutter. Hopefully there is more feedback from others.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:33 pm 

I prefer this site because of exactly what Fozo said, familiarity and it's much easier to organize. But his points on new users are also valid.

Tough one for me personally. I spent a lot of time organizing things here, and it's just not easy on OS.

But I don't have a strong opinion either way; we can't cut OS out, we absolutely need it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:30 pm 

Here are a few more thoughts of mine:

1) Is there a cost to keeping this site open? Does it cost to be on OS?

If there is an actual cost to maintaining the site, I feel we can do without it.

2) What is the purpose for keeping this site open?

As of now the only thing here are advance PM's from Brun. I think this poll/ league conversations is really the only thing this site is good for at present day. Hardly any input is ever given here though. I personally am in the camp of having on going, open discussions about the ever changing landscape of things. I think that is this site true value. However it has been stated that commish's want to handle that stuff through PM or text. If that is the case then I see no real reason to keep this site alive.

I am going to vote to use OS. Simply because I don't think there is enough traffic/ interest in this site. Also because OS is a necessity due to word of mouth and recruitment. That being said I do feel that groupme/ discord are going to be more valuable than both moving forward.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]