It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BFSL. We are a sim football community with leagues for Madden and other sports titles on PS4

Please use your PS4 ID as your user name on this site.

Once you have joined the league site, fill out application info in PS4 Registration thread for the league you are wanting to join.

We will get back to you ASAP in that application thread once you have posted application.
Please take the time to read our league rules.

We do require tryout games for new members simply to ensure you follow the rules so please read our rules on the main page before you play.

You must be active on the league site and participate in league activities.

Most importantly, play sim football. Contact Sueppel24 or Bababooey76 if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 5 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: SomersATX
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:06 pm 

PS4 ID - SomersATX
Is Your PS4 Connected Wireless or Hard Wired? - Hard Wired
Cell #(for scheduling games): (732) 598-0870
Availability To Play Normally: After 5:30pm on weekdays or any time on most weekends or holiday breaks
Do You User Catch on Offense: Nope, always hated that in online games.
Do You Switch Defenders on Pass Plays on Defense?: Used to, but my last leagues were no-switch and I had no problem with it
Favorite Teams: NY Jets...unfortunately...
Are You Willing To Play As Any Available Team?: Maybe not ANY team, but I'd be willing to look at available teams if I can't get the Jets
Have You Read The Rules? Yes
Have You Played In Other Leagues, Which Leagues? Yes, in a couple, both Madden and NCAA. First league was one I found on OS (but was not run through the OS forums). From there I've been in a few leagues with some of the same members and co-commished the NCAA league.

Post subject: Re: SomersATX
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Wk 2

Jets 27
Colts 10

Offense- Ivory at HB and his receivers fight for yards, they are hard to tackle. Lot of single back, likes Ivory between tackles and off edge to the right side. Right side of his line held run blocks well on outside. Will run PA with Mariota and will roll right and take off if he sees room. I started blitzing his right side and got him run into a couple of sacks. Run game is is strength. Ran vs pass about 65-35 percent. Efficient in pass game. Nothing flashy. Made good reads, did not force throws into coverage much. Took what you gave him. Shorter underneath routes mainly. Took a couple shots down field on outside if he had single coverage.

Defense- Strong D. Good vs run but can get some yards if you pick your spots between tackles. Will bring pressure with blitz. Users MLB and can catch him out of position with routes in middle of field but he also makes good plays on ball as well with user. Really did not allow much separation deep on outside, vertically. Able to find space with TE at times and allowed some yardage on inside and post routes. Felt like safeties play soft zone and did not react if WR beat CB inside on post. He forced me into some bad throws. I moved ball but some good coverage and couple bad reads turned into 5 picks.

Ran a TD back on Kickoff, ball was kicked in middle of field and he was able to get outside to the left. I kicked ball left rest of the time.

BFSLMLBTheShowOS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/bfsl-mlb-league/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/THE.BFSL?ref=tn_tnmn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:26 pm 

Jets -- 27
Phins -- 35

Offense -- Ivory rushed for 150 and carried the bulk of the offense. I decided to focus on his run game and left his receivers single coverage much of the time and they lit me up. Marshall got me on crossing routes and one deep ball where he just jumped over my defender. His slot receivers did a nice job getting open across the middle as did his TE for 5 catches especially on clutch 3rd downs. Was able to get to his QB a few times with blitzes but my normal 4 man front did nothing as far as pressure goes. Mariota picked up a couple nice chunks on 2 scrambles, try to get the hit stick on him as he had no intention of sliding. He didn't use his RB in his passing game so you may be able to cheat if you're man up.

Defense -- Loves to blitz, he had major pressure on Tannefail this game and on a couple series sacked me twice in a row! :evil: Most of his blitzes were in the middle from LB's so if you can lob the pass over the middle on a slant or TE route you may have success, be careful though, one time he dropped his MLB back and user picked a pass to my TE. Also sweeps and pitches to the sides are effective when he is stacking the box.

Overall -- Somers basically beat me in every category except the score. Had 17 first downs, time of possesion, passing game, etc. He had a couple stalls near his end zone and was forced to kick which end up being the difference in the game. There were TONS of huge plays in this game. On one play he ran up the middle of my defense untouched for 50 yard score. Janis had 2 TD's from the slot and was abusing my coverages. I got up early and he came roaring back around halftime to make it neck and neck the rest of the way, Great sim player and easy to schedule, peace man, see you in a few weeks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:11 pm 

Redskins- 13
Jets- 33

Off- He will run Pro Form out of I and 50% Shitgun He would run the ball most of time and short passes, did not really go deep very often would stay with short slants and in routes, run game is solid need go run def to stop

Def- will run 2 DT set with 4LBS or just 1 DE and 5 LBS set keeps speed on the field, he was up so he stayed in zone and he always play the LB and always looking for slant routs across the middle

Over good game no issues, good player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:05 pm 

Jets 34 Patriots 31

Offense
Primarily a running based attack with ivory usually coming out of a single back set. Will mainly attack off tackle with him unless in short yardage. He is hard to bring down as he was the first back to go over 100 yards on me. His passing game is mainly short to midrange over the middle unless it's a dump off in the flat. Did go down field once to Marshall who will dominate a smaller corner. Attack the right side of his line to get pressure in as his rt is the weak link on the line.

Defense
A hard rushing 3-4. Early in the game his front 7 absolutely dominated as I had no time and couldn't run at all as his defense forced 3 1st qtr turnovers that all lead to tds. After cutting his lead to 28-14 at the half a switch to a speed back allowed the running game to get going and slowed his rush. This is key for getting the passing game going because if he can just sit and coverage and rush your qb you are in for a long game. Quick passing and staying away from Revis is the way to attack his coverage that looked to be man based.

Overall
A good game. Fell behind 21-0 in the 1st and managed to tie it with 3 mins left only for him to execute a perfect game winning drive. Good luck the rest of the way man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 pm 

Jets 27

Raiders 20

Offense: heavy run from ivory in singleback and 2 back formations up the middle and outside runs and was hard to bring down also mariota was able to get a couple of good keeps so watch him too when theres nobody open to throw to .....passing was most over the middle and some corner routes and threw 1 deep to marshall for a td, likes the te on short middle slants and qb is quick to get the ball out of his hands before rush gets to him
Defense: used lots of different formations mostly man didn't play too much zone and likes to stack the box with multiple lb's to slow down the run but I was able to find a few holes with murray...saw some 4-6 also and and is good reading the offense to make changes good pass rush and secondary caused raiders lots of dropped passes

Overall: good sim player plays smart and hard to stop on third down, conversions killed raiders good game gl rest of way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:23 pm 

Jets-24
Jags-16

Offense- There really much to say here , despite the score suggesting otherwise. I thought my defense took away alot of his run game with the exception of a 57 run late in the 3rd quarter down to the 1yd line. mostly dives and couple of sweeps, powers sprinkled in. Mariota had an extremely difficult day against Jags, couple of sacks were due to coverage downfield more so than any pressure. His receivers weren't wining match-ups vs press. I got caught in an audible on his longest pass play, a corner route to Amaro. Otherwise we both had to claw and scrap for yardage.

Defense-NO return trips from Revis Island. I threw at him a couple of times, but the rest of the secondary made Bortles pay. I had some baaaaad throws in this one, which cost me the game.Mostly Nickel and Base. zone with some man if he feels like he has a bead on your tendencies. Some bad luck, and superior talent led to A tipped pass that ended up in Revis' hands in the red zone. A fumble on a Bortles by Revis on a scramble in the red zone. The run defense was superior in the 1st half, but we found room up the gut in the second. He was slightly vulnerable to seams and flat routes but otherwise it's slim pickings. The pass rush wasn't that ferocious but I had the yips all game just from thinking about it.

Overall-Bottom line, I lost this game when I got the ball on offense. Wasn't patient and didn't stick to the gameplan. That will get you beat against the Jets every time. Limit the crossing routes attack the defense vertically and keep him honest with the run between the tackles. users the MLB and is super aggressive with A gap pressure if he reads run otherwise he's looking for crossers.

Gg, good sport. Solid addition to the league and the AFC East. Kind of envious of that division. Looks like a lot of fun. good luck.

Redskins-1-15
SanFran-6-10

BFSL MADDEN 2016
Jaguars-3-13 2016
Jaguars-4-12 2017
Jaguars-7-9 2018
Jaguars-8-8 2019
Jaguars-10-6 2020
Jaguars-12-3-1 2021

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:30 am 

Texans 28
Jets 31

Offense - Run first offense. Looks to get Ivory off tackle of most runs as you see a lot of stretch and other zone running plays. We kept it relatively in check for the most part until Ivory had one of those crazy long "madden" runs where no matter what you do he will break every tackle. The passing game centers around Marshall as it should. He wants to keep everything across the middle of the field so I suggest clogging that with as many players as possible. Likes to roll to the right with Mariota to buy time for guys to get open and will run with him if he sees an opening.

Defense - Stout against the run as you would imagine if you allow him to sit in his base defense. My strategy was to spread him out as much as possible and do as much damage as I could through the air. That worked pretty good but I turned the ball over several times through interceptions.He users an LB and patrols the middle and is really effective in the passing game at jumping routes and getting picks.

Overall - Good game. Turnovers and penalties kept me from winning as they should if you commit to many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 am 

Texans 28
Jets 31

Offense - Run first offense. Looks to get Ivory off tackle of most runs as you see a lot of stretch and other zone running plays. We kept it relatively in check for the most part until Ivory had one of those crazy long "madden" runs where no matter what you do he will break every tackle. The passing game centers around Marshall as it should. He wants to keep everything across the middle of the field so I suggest clogging that with as many players as possible. Likes to roll to the right with Mariota to buy time for guys to get open and will run with him if he sees an opening.

Defense - Stout against the run as you would imagine if you allow him to sit in his base defense. My strategy was to spread him out as much as possible and do as much damage as I could through the air. That worked pretty good but I turned the ball over several times through interceptions.He users an LB and patrols the middle and is really effective in the passing game at jumping routes and getting picks.

Overall - Good game. Turnovers and penalties kept me from winning as they should if you commit to many.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:04 pm 

jets -- 31
phins -- 17

offense -- its the ivory show, if you get him in 3rd and long be careful of QB scramble to the right. decker on crossing routes will chew you up if you're not careful. targets marshall also. will go to TE near the end zone if its a passing down. saw more runs to the right than the left and plenty up the middle. not many targets down field, most routes were 10 yards out. dont rememeber seeing any screens or draws. will set a man in motion to check for zone.

defense -- revis is still a beast, dont bother on his side of the field. you can trick him if you run on a passing down or from a 4 WR set, careful though, he gets his LB's backfield quickly. plenty of pressure on my QB this game, saw blitzes but none from CB or Safety's. don't hesitate to audible out of your original play if the defense looks stout where you are trying to go.

overall -- fun game even though i lost, this was a game of runs, great communication, tough as nails opponent, killer sim, good luck in this ridiculously hard division, peace man!

Page 1 of 5 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]